If you do enjoy reading the content of this blog, please do consider in buying me a cup of coffee by clicking here.
Length: 2 mins read (482 words)
1. Please do share about your background in a nutshell.
I used to be an engineer working in a very toxic environment. The amount of stress has greatly impacted my health. Back then, I went for massages on a weekly basis, and believe that massages are not just indulgence but also a great way to decrease the stress level measurably.
Then I learnt and picked up the different techniques through a series of massage courses and started to provide service on a part-time basis. Over the years, I have slowly built up my confidence and a steady client base. Now I have quit my day job to become a full-time therapist.
2. Do you have a preferred massage modality? Any reason for that?
I have incorporated a few massage modalities namely Traditional Thai, Chinese TCM, Swedish, Sports Massage manipulations, Myofascial release, as well as philosophy such as Reiki onto my routine. If I have to choose my favourite modality, it would be the Traditional Thai Massage, for the beauty of its yoga-inspired body-work. Plus, it is also the very first massage that I have mastered.
3. What is the weirdest request you ever get from a client before, during or after a session?
There was once my regular asked if I would allow his friend to join in to watch while I am massaging him. I felt it was inappropriate and politely rejected him.
4. Let’s turn it the other way around, instead of client always requesting this and that from you, what would you request of your client when comes to massage? Or what is your one wish on customer if you are granted one?
I do hope that the client has the correct mindset and respect when they book an appointment with any therapist; in which the massage service we are providing do not come with any sort of sexual hanky panky.
5. What is your advice or word of wisdom to aspiring massage therapist?
Always start with a proper massage course, to learn anatomy and understand how the human body functions. Then, slowly build up the confidence and expand your contact network (you will also get to know fellow therapist through the workshops/courses). Do not worry about the course fees that you are paying, the ROI is faster than you can imagine.
6. Any other things you would like to share or add?
Constantly upgrade your skills through refreshment courses and workshops. Your client will thank you for that 🙂 And I do provide Hair Waxing service (for men) too.
7. Where can one get in touch with you for your services?
I do have a thread in the forum (please click here), and broadcast updates through Twitter accounts and Whatsapp Business.
Twitter: @HealingHandsSg @AsianMaleWaxing
Whatsapp Business: +6591665178